Tuesdays at 6 pm in front of the Cooley Center
Tuesday Social Runs are intended to encourage physical activity on campus. Mileage and pace are secondary. Think of it as a running "happy hour," time for you to get your weekly exercise in and a great opportunity to meet runners from around campus. You can go your own distance, at your own pace. Come out to the run and commit to your health and well-being!
We meet in front of the Cooley Center at the JHMI East Baltimore Campus at 6 pm. We follow this route:
- South on Broadway to Fayette
- East on Fayette to Wolfe
- South on Wolfe to Baltimore
- East Baltimore to Patterson Park
- At Patterson follow the figure-eight loop counterclockwise, exit at Gough St
- Follow Gough to Castle, then south on Castle all the way to the waterfront
- Follow the "Promenade" west all the way to the Inner Harbor, passing through Fells Point and Harbor East
- The turn-around is at the Rusty Scupper
- On your way back, return to Hopkins from Fells Point by following Broadway north.
Good turn-around points are:
- Fells Point for 4 miles
- Harbor East for 6 miles
- Rusty Scupper for just over 8 miles
In the summer, we alternate between Inner Harbor (as described above) and Patterson Park, where we follow the orange figure-8 loop.