posted Oct 25, 2012, 10:13 PM by Erik Thiele Orberg
updated Oct 25, 2012, 10:24 PM
This Saturday we're running the Jones Falls Trail. Meet at 9am at the Washington Monument in Mt. Vernon (by the JHMI shuttle stop):
View Larger Map
- Head West to Cathedral St, then make your way North. The road soon turns into Maryland Ave, continue to follow its course.
- After crossing I-83, make a left onto Falls Road and find the Jones Falls Trail.
- Follow the Jones Falls Trail Northwest until it becomes a series of switch-backs.
- Continue the climb and keep left when you reach the top. Cross I-83 again as you make your way to Druid Hill Park.
- Follow Wyman Park Drive until you see tennis courts on your left, continue running a few more meters until you hit the water fountain. This is the turn-around point for S13.1 (Mile 2.5).
- S26.2 will back-track a couple of meters and follow East Drive as it skirts along the northern edge of the park. Be prepared for some big hills.
- Follow the road all until you hit the Jones Falls Trail again. This will be at a fork with Woodberry on your right and the park on your left. Keep left.
- Keep on Jones Falls Trail as you circle West, then South of the Maryland Zoo.
- When you see the reservoir ahead of you, take a left on Swann Dr and follow the road for a bit until you see the access point to the reservoir loop.
- Loop South around the reservoir until you come all the way back around, then take the trail parallel to Red Rd back to the water fountain.
- Trace your steps back to the start!
- Meet at 9am (you'll be starting together with S26.2)
- Mileage goal: 5 Mi.
- Mileage goal: 10 Mi.
- Make sure to save some energy for the hills!
If you need or would like to give a ride to the start, sign-up via our carpooling spreadsheet: http://goo.gl/pB71G