posted Jul 26, 2012, 8:45 AM by Erik Thiele Orberg
updated Jul 26, 2012, 9:22 AM
This Saturday, we're running 18 Mi on the Baltimore & Annapolis Trail!
- Directions: Take 295 to 97, then take exit 16 and continue South along Balto Annapolis Blvd and make a right on Dorsey Road. Parking at the Sawmill Creek Park Lot. Meet at 7am.
- Follow the trail that runs along the southern boundary of the park eastwards until you arrive at the main B&A trail, then continue South.
- The trail is a straight-forward out-and-back, so turn around after 9 Mi and make your way back to the car. For runners without a GPS watch: this should be around the 4.5 Mi mark, after crossing the bridge going over Round Bay Road.
- 18 Mi will be challenging! Plan to bring enough gels (at least 3), and plenty of water.
- According to the park's website, there are a number of water fountains along the route. But be advised: HMT doesn't vouch for the accuracy of this information.
- Karen will be leading the run. If you have any questions, concerns or comments, please get in touch with her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Carpoolers: register here.