posted Nov 29, 2012, 12:39 PM by Erik Thiele Orberg
updated Nov 29, 2012, 5:52 PM
This Saturday, we're heading to the Patapsco Valley State Park. Originally, our schedule intended for us to run at Loch Raven Reservoir, but since a) many of you have never been to Patapsco before, b) we would have a hard time fitting in the scheduled mileage without looping and c) Patapsco offers a great route for S13.1, I've opted to run at Patapsco instead.
Meet at 8:00 am at 4-6 Ilchester Rd Ellicott City, MD 21043:
View Larger Map
- Start at Ilchester Road and cross the Patapsco River over the hanging bridge.
- Continue southeast along the river until you reach Gun Road after 3 Mi.
- Head northwest along the river until you reach a hanging bridge at Mi 5. Here, S13.1 and S26.2 diverge:
- S13.1, cross the bridge and make your way northwest along the north bank of river until you return to the start.
- S26.2 continue on the south bank of the river until you reach a dam after approx. 6 Mi. The trail narrows here, and this is your turn-around point. Return to the start via the same way you came.