posted Aug 1, 2013, 11:51 AM by Erik Thiele Orberg
updated Aug 1, 2013, 1:56 PM
This Saturday we're re-routing our run from the Gwynns Falls Trail to the Inner City. The reason being that a lot of our runners who usually drive and offer rides will be out of town. Corinne has volunteered to lead the run, she'll be wearing a blue HMT shirt, so look out for her at the meet-up.
Meet at 7:00 AM by the Washington Monument at Mt. Vernon Place (the northbound Hopkins Shuttle stop).View Larger Map
16 Mi (marathon training group):
- Follow Charles St. south to the Inner Harbor where you'll jump on the promenade and follow it all the way east to Canton Waterfront Park.
- From Canton, head back to the Inner Harbor and continue along Key Highway to Tide Point, where you'll take a right onto Hull St and a left on Fort Ave.
- Enter Fort McHenry and loop around, then retrace your steps to the Inner Harbor and further to return to the Monument.
9 Mi (half marathon training group):
- Same as above, but your turn-around is already at the Canton Waterfront Park, so there's no need to head over to Tide Point.
- Water points are located at the Inner Harbor between the Science Center and Rusty Scupper, and at Fort McHenry.
- There's pretty decent frozen yogurt on Charles St just a few blocks north of the Monument, if you're looking for post-run fuel!