posted Nov 13, 2013, 11:33 AM by Erik Thiele Orberg
updated Nov 13, 2013, 11:33 AM
Welcome to our new training season! You'll find our weekly route info, updated every Thursday, on this page. It always includes where we're meeting and when, the route with a map and turn-by-turn directions and finally some tips pertaining to the course and weather. Additional info will be included in our weekly mailings, so make sure to subscribe at Contact us
Plan to meet at 8:00 am at Lake Montebello, specifically the parking lot at the Montebello school. If you're arriving from 33rd take a right on Curran Dr as you near the lake, the parking lot will be to your right.
This time, there'll be different routes for the marathon and half marathon groups:
Loop around Lake Montebello 3 times for a total of 4 Mi (counter-clockwise)
Route map: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6138166
- Follow Lake Montebello counter-clockwise to Whitman Dr, take a left to Harford Rd
- Cross Harford and proceed on the path along the field
- Follow Herring Run Trail east until the trail end
- Return to Lake Montebello and proceed counter-clockwise
- Add one more loop after circling back to the cars for a total of 8 Mi
- Weather is looking fair, ideal weather for shorts and a light long-sleeve tech shirt
- There's a water fountain on the west side of the lake
- Harford Rd is pretty busy so be careful when crossing
- If you're fairly new to running and are just getting up to 4 Miles, here's a few things to remember
- It's not a race, go at your own pace
- Don't feel intimidated by the distance
- If you feel that you can't continue to run, keep walking and resume jogging a few minutes later
- Finally, don't forget to take advantage of our carpooling spreadsheet (see link above).
See you out there!