posted Feb 14, 2013, 6:44 PM by Erik Thiele Orberg
updated Feb 15, 2013, 9:37 AM
Ready or not, we're now only 4 weeks away from the race and will be tackling the longest run in our training schedule. Marathoners, join us for 2 loops around the BWI airport for a total mileage of 21.4 Mi! Half-Marathoners: the schedule calls for 14 Mi, but since a loop is only 10.7 Mi you'll need add 1.5 Mi, then return to the start (turn-around where Dorsey meets Aviation).
The address is:
1799 Dorsey Rd
Baltimore, MD 21240
View Larger Map
- Bring your own water as there are no water fountains on the course. Remember that if you are running 2 loops, you can leave supplies in your car and fill-up after 1 loop.
- Definitely bring sports nutrition if you're planning on the full 21.4 Mi!
- There are a couple of tricky turns but for the most part, the route is pretty straightforward. Avoiding running to the terminal and to the Amtrak stations.
- Don't start out too fast, you can always pick-it up at the halfway point if you're feeling strong.
- If you need a ride, sign-up for carpooling via the link above!
- Good luck!