posted Mar 29, 2013, 8:13 AM by Erik Thiele Orberg
updated Mar 29, 2013, 8:13 AM
This Saturday we're heading to the Falls Road Running Store to run at the Stoney Run Urban Ultra F@+ @$$ Run!
I don't actually know the route, but I'm told we'll receive maps at the start. Here's what you need to know:
- 20 Mi out and back, 16 on trail, only 4 on road
- Feel free to scale back on the distance - I'm only running 17 Mi
- Exercise caution when running on roads:
- Use sidewalks whenever possible
- If you have to run on the road, always run against traffic
- Be mindful of approaching cars
- Always assume that a car doesn't see you - make eye contact at crossings
- Do not (!!) wear headphones when running in traffic
- Wear bright, high-visibility colors
- Robert E Lee Park to Druid Hill
- Water stops at 5 & 15 Mi
- 7:15 course briefing, 7:30 start. Meet at the store.
- Have fun!