posted Jul 10, 2014, 7:25 AM by Alex Fuller
updated Jul 10, 2014, 7:46 AM
This week we'll run along Herring Run Trail in northeast Baltimore. The half-marathoners will maintain the same distance as last week, 5 miles, while the full-marathoners will take a break and only run 7. Don't get too comfortable, though. Next week it's 12!
We'll meet at 8 am in the parking lot behind the Montebello elementary school. If you're heading east on 33rd Street, stay in the middle lane and take the slight left onto Lake Drive. Turn right at the lake (Curran Drive) and the parking lot will be on your right.
Route & Instructions
- From the parking lot, turn left on Curran Drive and run clockwise around the lake, with the water on your right. Note: this may technically be in the wrong direction...but who cares!
- When you've gone slightly less than one mile, turn left at the T intersection to head away from the lake.
- Turn right at Harford Road and run to the intersection with Chesterfield Avenue.
- Cross Harford Road and get on the paved path (Herring Run Trail). Harford Road should be on your left and the park/baseball fields should be on your right.
- Turn right at the T intersection and continue on the trail.
- Follow this trail for another 2.5 miles, rorssing Belair Road, Mannasota Ave, Brehms Lane, and Sinclair Lane.
- Turn around at 3.5 miles and run back to the start for 7 miles. Incidentally, you may run out of trail. But don't let that stop you if you want more miles.
- Same as above, but turn around at 2.5 miles, shortly after Brehmns Lane.