posted Jun 20, 2013, 9:56 AM by Erik Thiele Orberg
updated Jun 20, 2013, 10:08 AM
Welcome to the first run of our Fall marathon and half marathon training season! 16 weeks to go until the Baltimore Marathon. For sake of convenience, our first run will meet near JHMI and take us on a familiar route along the Inner Harbor.
Meet at 7:00 AM at the South Broadway Pier at Fells Point, by the water-taxi stop.
View Larger Map
- Route map: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com?r=5976048
- Head West along the Promenade to the Inner Harbor and press on until you reach the HarborView building (the high-rise that looks like a lighthouse) on Pier Side Dr.
- Return to the start but keep going - now West - along the Promenade and turn around at the Boston Street Park.
- Same as above, except your turnaround is a little sooner (at the Science Center) and once you get back to Fells Point, you're done!
Caveat: The promenade around the Four Seasons hotel is under construction so we're re-routing via the roundabout.
- When running in the summer, always bring water. A handheld water-bottle or hydration waist belt work best.
- Fueling immediately after a workout will assist your recovery and allow you to run again sooner. Within 30 min to 2h after exercising works best. What this means is bring a snack (bananas, apples, granola bars) and plenty of water to consume after a run.
- If you need a ride or are offering to give one, please sign-up for carpooling via the link at the top of this page.