This week we're back in Baltimore for a long run from Mt Vernon to the Gwynns Falls Trail. Half marathoners are scheduled to run 10 miles and full marathoners are set to run 14, but this is an out-and-back run so feel free to run the distance you wish. Remember to bring water and a source of calories, and sign up for carpooling
if you need a ride to the start.
We'll meet at 8:00 am at the John Eager Howard Statue in Mt Vernon.
- From the start, head south on Charles St for ~1.5 miles.
- Turn right onto W Hamburg St and use the pedestrian bridge to cross over the rail tracks to get to the stadium.
- Turn left to run around the stadium using Raven's Walk and exit towards W Ostend St.
- Turn right onto W Ostend St, then left onto Ridgely St.
- Turn right onto Bayard St. When you reach Carroll Park at 3 mi, turn left and use the path in the park to run adjacent to Washington Blvd.
- Follow the path (Gwynns Falls Trail) past the golf course and continue until you reach Lower Gwynns Falls Park at 5 miles, just after crossing Wilkens Ave. There are blazes on the trail that indicate directions.
- Turn around and head back the way you came.
- Same as above, but continue on Gwynns Falls Trail until you reach Leon Day Park at 7 miles.