posted Feb 22, 2016, 5:06 AM by Sarah Ouadah
This week we're staying local and running through Mt Vernon, Federal Hill, Fort McHenry, and the Inner Harbor. The half group will run 9 miles and the full group will run 13.
Remember to sign up for carpooling
if you need a ride or can provide one, but feel free to run to the start for some extra miles. Claire will be hosting breakfast at her place in Mt Vernon after the run, RSVP here
We'll meet at 8:00 am by the John Eager Howard Statue in Mt Vernon, at the intersection of Charles and Madison.
- From the start, head south on N Charles St. Continue through Mt Vernon, downtown, and into Federal Hill, staying on Charles.
- At 2 miles, turn left onto Randall St, continuing past Leone Riverside Park.
- Turn right onto E Fort Ave and follow it all the way to Fort McHenry. Run clockwise around Fort McHenry, hugging the perimeter, and make your way back to E Fort Ave.
- Run back up to Federal Hill on E Fort Ave, and turn right onto E Randall St to make your way to Key Hwy.
- Run along the Promenade back towards the Inner Harbor, all the way to the National Aquarium.
- Run back along the Promenade and through the Inner Harbor to Charles St. Run north on Charles back to the start.
- Same directions as above, but continue along the promenade past the National Aquarium. The turn around is at the end of S Ann St in Fells Point.