posted Oct 2, 2014, 6:41 AM by Alex Fuller
updated Oct 2, 2014, 6:52 AM
Join us this Saturday for a run around Loch Raven Reservoir. This is a beautiful reservoir lake north of Baltimore, and also the city's main source of drinking water.
Meet at 8:00 am
at Providence Road and Loch Raven Drive. There's a small gravel parking lot that will hold five or six cars. If it's full, there's street parking back up Providence Road. Sign up for carpooling
if you need a ride!
- From the parking lot, head west on Loch Raven Drive and run against traffic. (It's good etiquette.)
- Cross the bridge at 1 mile and continue past Morgan Mill Road
- Loch Raven Drive turns into Dulaney Valley Road at 2.6 miles
- Continue on Dulaney Valley Road and cross a second bridge
- At the end of the second bridge, turn around (4.6 miles) and run back to the start. This is the end of the run for the half-marathoners
- For the full-marathoners, continue past the parking lot on Loch Raven Drive. Run past the dam to Cromwell Bridge Road (11 miles)
- Turn around and run back to the start for 12.8 miles